View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 369/303/220 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%

I know two people at work who has done this, and they both lost and incredable amount of weight, at a horrible cost. That are complete mess, both of them are sick to there stomach's most of the time, have a hard time eating the smallest of proteins, and are in discomfort and probably will be for quite some time. Its been over a year for one, and it still looks like he is struggling.

This is such a drastic measure, its like cutting off your arm to fix a broken finger. I understand weight can kill, and if I was virtually on my death bed, I would still go some other way, after seeing how horrible the results can be. I mean no offense to anyone who has had this done, but the cost seems so great to me, and makes me so sad.

I find it odd that in a world where bulimia and anorexia are considered serious terrible mental illnesses, yet this is considered okay. If you ask me, bulimia and anorexia are a pale comparison to the horrors and wrongness of this surgury.

This is such a touchy subject, and my heart weeps for those who feel they have to pay such a terrible price to achieve acceptance and health. 1 in every 200 people die from complications from the surgury (News paper article I just read about it) and over half have major complications that effect the rest of there lives... yikes.

That is only my opinion, and i am not opinionated about many things, but this is one of them.