View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:41
Urban Jungle Denizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Um, why do so many people write in these threads that "everyone" cheats? I'm sorry, but that isn't true. There are those of us that don't, and haven't.

I really, really don't advocate beating yourself up if you fall off the wagon - I think that is really self destructive. Yes, we are human, no one is perfect. So don't be sad, just get back on the program.

OTOH, I also don't believe in making excuses. Cheating is bad. Period. This is supposed to be a way of life, so as long as you are clear that a slip up is a negative thing to the WOL, you can get past it. Not something that can or should be swept away as "no big deal".

I honestly believe that if you minimize the importance of this, you are setting yourself up for eventual failure. I know too many people who, after reaching their goal - ostensibly a success - start slacking, and gain it all back again. They invariably blame Atkins, but the real culprit is their own state of mind, because they didn't really internalize that they were making a life change.

And cheating early on in the game? Uh uh. HoneySnow - My wish for you is that you learn from how you are feeling right now. Binging on carbs did not make you feel better - it made you feel worse. You don't need any other proof that you don't need those foods anymore. I wish for you to succeed, to make up your mind to get rid of all that actually harms you, and to reach all your goals - weight-wise, and beyond.