View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 13:08

Plan: LC (Began 0/0/00)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 0 ft 0in
BF:--/--/--
Progress: 5%
Default Haven't considered it...

Nope, I haven't considered bypass surgery, nor would I ever consider it.

Why not?

Because it wouldn't solve my weight problem because I don't overeat. I never have been an overeater, so I know that having a smaller stomach wouldn't make any difference in my weight.

For instance, I just now ate 1 cup of lettuce with 2 oz of ground beet on it - no dressing. I am totally full and won't eat again for 3-4 hours.

A typical "meal" for me is 3oz of tuna salad.

So, I can't imagine that bypass surgery would "make" me eat any less.

That's also the reason why I wouldn't consider diet pills-- overeating isn't the problem.

I strongly believe it's WHAT I WAS eating-- namely carbs.

Yes, I do believe there are people who can not lose weight, but I think it is a very rare condition.

I think for most of us here in this particular group, weight loss is very DIFFICULT and requires a HERCULEAN effort and lot of patience and persistence even in the face of slow results.

I'm rather new to this group, but that's what I find so remarkable and inspiring--- that despite it all, these people ARE losing weight.

I have found my HEROs right here.

Anytime I feel like I can't do it, I just look at the member profiles on the left hand side of the posting and SEE the weight loss-- then I KNOW it CAN happen for me too.