Old Fri, May-16-03, 16:23
Registered Member

Plan: Schwartzbein Principle
Stats: 175/157/140
BF:Happily ignorant!
Progress: 51%
Default Welcome!

Welcome Roxy!

Yes, there are other posts where we talked about this but here's what I do. I'm just like you and your husband; I'm not hungry first thing in the morning and besides that, I have no time!

I keep a loaf of Ezekial or whole wheat bread at work and make toast and eat with peanut butter, cream cheese, or at the moment mascarpone cheese (an Italian cream cheese).

So that means I keep a jar of sugar free peanut butter and cream cheese in the fridge at work so they're always there. If I'm just eating the toast and cream cheese and need a protein, I'll bring in a hard boiled egg or a slice of ham to eat with it. Or a couple slices of nitrate free turkey bacon (I wasn't too thrilled with that).

For lunch, I do more of the same, just keep staples in the work refrigerator. I always have a bag of romaine lettuce, string cheese, olives, raw carrots and celery sticks there. Then I'll bring in homemade chicken or tuna salad, or a half a chicken breast and eat it with the salad greens. I also have a small tupperware container of olive oil and balsamic vinegar in the fridge there too in case I need dressing, and recently I brought in a squeeze bottle of mayo. Also, I recently bought a couple small cans of Italian tuna with a lift off tab that I can dump on a salad too, or the new packets of tuna are nice too.

It was annoying to me at first to have to plan so much in advance but now I'm getting the hang of it and it's not so bad!

Do you have a fridge at work? We have a fridge, toaster oven and microwave so it makes it easy. Hope this helps and again, welcome!!! Rose