View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 10:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/243/190
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
My 2 cents (I'm never short on cents!) is this: We live in the real world. In the real world there is chocolate. Do you honestly think you'll NEVER eat chocolate again?

You're right, we live in the real world, but I'm sure you've noticed that the real world is full of fat, unhappy people. Take if from someone who went from 325 to 198 (I'm a big, tall guy, so that was ideal for me) and then back up to 243 again. If you start eating little bits of chocolate here and there, you don't lose weight. Worse, you gain weight and destroy all your progress.

I'm like an alchoholic. I can't have just one bite of chocolate - better to just eliminate chocolate entirely. Even low-carb chocolate bars are kind of dangerous for me. Part of this program is breaking these physical and PSYCHOLOGICAL addictions. It's healthier if we learn to just live without them.

Eating unsweetened chocolate, or low-carb chocolate for that matter is kind of like being a vegetarian who eats veggie-burgers. We're not real LC'ers, we're Crypto-Carbers!

That said, I still agreed with your comments Atlee. Better LC chocolate than trying to slip the real stuff in there under the radar. The lesser of 2 evils.