View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

Louisa, I certainly wasn't saying that I never cheat. It's just not something that I do on any kind of regular basis, is all; my whole point is that it's out of the norm for me, not something I do often. I think it's too easy for a routine cheat, even a smaller one, to become the norm; at least, that's how eating real chocolate on, say, a weekly basis seems to me. I've seen a lot of threads about cheating around here lately -- it's the meme of the moment -- and there are an awful lot of people who use every piddling little holiday as an excuse for a mega-binge, or who jump off-plan once a week and wonder why they aren't losing. I'm not the only one who finds it frustrating, so forgive me if I've been ranting.

Vickie, try Wal-mart or Walgreen's for SF chocolate. Russell Stover makes a large line of SF candies, and Hershey's just came out with SF versions of their chocolate miniatures and Reese's PB cups. I have seen large displays of the Hershey's and the Russell Stovers at my local grocery stores and Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart and Walgreen's both carry the Pure Delite chocolate bars, which I think are the best of the SF chocolates. Atkins Endulge brand PB cups are good too, but I'm not a big fan of the Carbolite stuff. Your local health food store may also carry some of the more "gourmet" brands like Asher's and Ross. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the chocolate candy-type bars, as distinct from the Atkins Advantage meal-replacement bars!

If you're interested, I have a delicious recipe for "oeufs aux deux chocolats" (basically, chocolate egg creams) using Pure Delite bars on page 3 of my journal. I have also used the SF chocolate for dipping strawberries and accenting Splenda-sweetened meringue cookies as well, which makes a little go a long way!