View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%

My 2 cents (I'm never short on cents!) is this: We live in the real world. In the real world there is chocolate. Do you honestly think you'll NEVER eat chocolate again? If so, ignore the rest of my post. If you think you'll continue this diet, but down the road start adapting it for a life in the real world (and adapting it to a plan that works for YOU), then I see nothing wrong with the occasional 7 carb chocolate (no matter what it's made of). I spent 10 years dieting on the "I have to be PERFECT, live this diet absolutely letter of the law" type diet.......where did it get me? It only reinforced that old idea of if you slip, you might as well give it all up.......eat the whole chocolate bar, and then some! Better to learn how to incorporate the things you will be eating when maintaining your weight for life, than to be so stringent that when you DO eat that peice of chocolate, you fall apart and don't know how to handle it. This is MY experience, and I'm not saying it is applicable to anyone else. It's just a pet peave of mine, because I have seen the destruction of this mindset not just in the issue of food, but all aspects of our lives.