View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 08:46

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Hi Bustmybutt, and welcome

I know how both of you ladies feel, I know we all get impatient and think about trying quick fixes (digging our hole of damaging our metabolisms further) just to see that scale go down--but we know how that goes--and have to decide if we want to continue going in circles--chasing our own tails so to speak. Anything of high quality takes time.

We must come to realize that the scale isn't the only barometer of our progress. If it (the scale) is up a little just remember that it is only an instrument and we are complex living beings with systems and brains far superior to a machine, so do not let it rule your day! I try to remember that if we are doing our best to balance our diets, repair and rebuilding is occuring *inside* our bodies that we cannot see. We of course cannot *see* the wind in our atmosphere but we certainly see it's affects--tornados/a gentle breeze/ etc. The same may be said about TSP if you are feeling better day by day that is a testimony to something good you are doing!

I like to compare *fast quick weight loss dieting* to building an out house and a program such as TSP to the building of a beautiful,solid house . I am not a building expert , but I know which one I would prefer to live in for the rest of my life.

Try not to worry or second guess what other people think about your exercise or eating habits. *You* know you are doing what is best for you. Try to remember the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt "Nobody can make you feel inferior *without* your consent."