View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/126.7/118
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks for your quick replies. As far as trying to stick with the old program, Atkins now offers their program on eDiets, as a partnership between the two companies. I just follow it through eDiets because I don't have to come up with my own menus/meals. They have a questionairre that Atkins developed that you fill out, and they develop your menu based on how you answer those questions. It is still the Atkins program, just in a different forum. I was thinking that maybe it is allowing me to eat veggies that are different because I was only 14 pounds from goal weight and am very active when I started the program. As for the chocolate, it was a small chocolate truffle that was 2 grams of carbs, and I was considering it.

I know that you don't normally count calories in Atkins, but with any diet, if you take in too few calories your body will think that you are starving it and will slow down, regardless of the activity level or program. I just wanted to make sure that did not occur once this initial spurt of loss was over. Today, for instance, I have only taken in 1200 calories even though my basal metabolic rate is 1359 without any activty whatsoever. I am totally not hungry, but I know if I continue to go that low then it will slow the progress.

I do have the book, and have been reading it. It tells you what you have told me, but I didn't know the exact reason for avoiding carrots during induction-if it was just because of cravings, or because of something else. The chocolate makes sense, of course . I may have to get some more answers from eDiets, but I wanted to ask someone who has done it that could tell me their ideas on it!

Thanks again
Nannie