View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/158/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 104%

Since you're just beginning Atkins - why don't you give it a couple more days before you give in to your craving. I'm new too and after the first few days, I could care less about any sweets. If you get used to taking care of your sweet tooth - it might be too easy as you go along.

Go have something else. Yesterday I used up all my carbs but a few. I still had dinner to go. I love dressings, sauces, you name it - and the pork chop I was going to have was a little dry. I decided to use sour cream and blue cheese on my pork chop and I sat and ate my salad like it was a bowl of snacks. I never thought I'd eat a dry salad but I did enjoy it. This morning I felt so good that my carbs were at 20 for the day.

So go get a piece of ham or some sort of meat - spread a little cream cheese on it and have that. I also found that deviled eggs give me the feeling that I'm eating something forbidden.

Leave the cheesecake in the freezer and set a date a month or so or more away - or so many lbs. away - when you're out of induction and have it then. I'm planning to make the one listed in a month or so - and having it then. I need my carbs for salads and cream for my coffee.

Good luck. I know it's not easy sometimes.