#5   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 260/235/130 Female 64 inches
BF:yes it is.
Progress: 19%
Default my third day

without coffee, I think I may be safe now. I was a tall vanilla nonfat latte a day person pre Atkins induction. I backed off a little at a time, first going to regular coffee with cream (breaking myself from the liquid crack that they put in the Starbucks coffee), then down to half cups, then just an iced tea, then just green tea. After I went to just tea, I felt pretty bad - achy, tired, but today it feels like it is passing. I have a nice pot of jasmine pearls loose leaf green tea here right now.

Last year, I would occasionally have the Frappaccino, until one day I noticed that everyone I saw with a Frappaccino was overweight (obviously, including me). Then I thought I was doing the "right" thing by getting the nonfat latte, but of course I made it even worse by adding vanilla syrup! (shakes head sadly).

Anyway, I started induction 11 days ago, and I was still on the liquid crack at the beginning, but now I think I have the monkey off of my back. The interesting thing is, I did see my weightloss speed up a little in the past two days, and maybe taking out the coffee was part of that.... (I was losing less than a pound a day, and post-coffee, almost 1.5 per day). I know that these results aren't typical, and that it will slow down, and that I have a lot to lose etc but this is an awfully nice start. I feel like I am melting.