View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 04:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Re: Crisp Bread with 3 carbs and 3 fibers!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sunnyday2
Dear Chloe Mae,
I have some good news for you!

I was in the health food store yesterday and I found a most wonderful discovery. A crisp bread with 3 carbs and 3 fibers!!! I was so excited that I couldn't wait to try it for obvious reasons!

I love the Wasa as well, but sometimes the 5 net carbs is too much to fit into the food plan.

Here are the details:
GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbread
(product of Norway)
Net wt. 3.5 oz (100g)
Comes with 12 pieces and cost $1.99

I thought it was really good too. It was excellent with a small amount of cream cheese spread on it. I'm sure it would be great with other cheese or chicken/tuna salad as well.

It says it is imported by CEL-ENT Inc P.O. Box 1173 Beafort SC 29901
It is produced by G. Gundersen Larvik a/s, P.O. Box 303 N-3251 Larvik, Norway.
Other Nutrition info:Ingredients: unprocessed wheat bran, rye flour, salt.
total fat 0g, sodium 30 mg, total carbohydrate 3g, dietary fiber 3g, protein 1 g, calories 16 (per one piece)

Hope this helps!

Carole

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but European style labelling is perfectly legal and different than US labelling. They list the effective carbs separately from the fiber carbs, so they are (in effect) already 'deducted'. There's a typo on that label as well. There is NO food that has calories and has no fat, protein or carbs.

With 16 calories and bran and rye flour, you've got 3 grams of effective carbohydrates, I'm sorry to say.

Not that that's bad, but that's not zero either.

PS: RyVita Snackbread crispbread has lighter (in texture AND in counts) crackers, and they come in 'regular', 'wholewheat' and 'higher fiber'. Hope this helps.