Old Wed, May-14-03, 13:14

Plan: Heller
Stats: 165/160/145
BF:?
Progress: 25%
Default Cybex

Dear SandyDown,

Now I get it!

Cybex is a brand name of a whole slew of exercise machines -- some are cross trainers (can do many exercises for many different muscles on that one machine) and many others are each for a specific muscle group (or two).

At the Y where I go 3 times a week, they have, probably, about 20 of these machines (plus a bunch of another brand called Life Cycle, I think), and they're all in a couple of rooms where anyone can come in and use one or all of them, etc.

Your second time asking (what's Cybex???) when I finally got it reminds me of the old joke about the 4 year old asking, "Mommy, where did I come from?" and she gulps and goes into this long explanation about conception, birth etc.

Then she (4 yr old) says: Well, Mary said she was from Kansas City, and I was just wondering where I was from.

This morning I made a "mistake" after arriving at the Y: I first sat and read the paper -- for an hour!! By the time I got done I did NOT want to "do it".

Almost declared it as my weekly day off. Now, am glad that I went on w. workout, but it was tough getting started. Friday will be uppers again.

Am thrilled that you've seen success w. loss of inches and have resumed BFL. Also, please remember that there probably will be plateaus -- when you will keep exercising but won't see any visible result for a while. Those can be frustrating times. During the past 2 years of BFL I've seen several of them. And yet, overall, I am so thrilled at what I can now do physically that I could not do 2 years ago. This is the first strength program I've ever done where I have been able to really see a significant gain! (Bearing in mind that it sometimes is -- ssssslllllloooooooowwwwww!

The important thing is that it's there!

I can see the possibility 10 years from now of having significantly stronger muscles! Great!

Good luck w. your program!

Dave P. in Twin Cities, MN