#4   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 12:45

Plan: Heller
Stats: 165/160/145
BF:?
Progress: 25%
Default CAD, Diverticulitis & fiber

Hi Anne and peabo,

Thank you both very much for your encouragement. By the way, I grew up in Cass County -- maybe not too far west of you, peabo.

Am feeling lots better since a week ago when began following the CAD again. Not only were my cholesterol stats way up about a month ago, but a couple weeks ago I had what I thought was food poisoning that turned out to be Diverticulitis! No fun!

Am thinking that's because I had not been eating anywhere near enough fiber, so now am following Heller's recommendations about being sure to eat two veggies with each protein meal, etc. They say proper eating can prevent Diverticulitis attacks; I sure hope so!

Wow! Am so impressed with your drop in sugar levels! And, I hope it'll work to drop one of your meds. Wouldn't that be super?

(For maybe 2-3 years I've been on a low dose of a drug to reduce my cholesterol, and I'd be thrilled if a blood check in a couple of months was so low that I could "unhook" from that drug completely!)

Deep down, am worried that as time goes on I'll begin "falling off the wagon" again and begin kidding myself that I can "treat/reward" myself "once in a while" with a carb treat at other times than my reward meal. I hope I can stay strong about not doing that! That's a big fear of mine.

Thanks for offering to let me know how your cholesterol readings turn out. Will look forward to that.

Dave in Twin Cities, Minnesota