View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-carb
Stats: 146/120/110 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/24%/20%
Progress: 72%

My MIL will praise me for losing baby weight so quickly (my newest babe is 6 months) and say how great I look, then in the same breath ask me when I'm going to "stop eating that way" and/or get exasperated if we're out to eat and I don't eat the bread basket...it's so annoying.
People always seem to think of low-carb as a quick-fix instead of the way of life it's become for me. I truly think of refined carbs (especially sugar) as poison now and have no desire for them. So, it's like others feel threatened by that and they imagine that you're feeling superior or something. I've never once acted smug or any of that crud, like some of my vegetarian friends can act when we're out to eat ("Oh, I'd NEVER eat red meat! Don't you realize what domestic cattle are doing to the environment?" etc.). I only discuss my way of eating if I'm asked about it...I don't understand all the interest in what I'm putting in my body and all the hostility it can arise in people! It's really bizarre! My SIL (who is kind of heavy but not obese by any means) won't even talk to me anymore!! She told my DH that it bothers her how fast I lost the weight from this (my second) baby. How does that make any sense??