View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 10:16

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

That is exactly where I am. I need to not loose anymore weight but not sure how to do it. I am getting tried of eating so much fruit.

Hamburgers are starting to call out to me. Eating low-carb normal and having a Big Mac with 41 carbs sounds about right, a large Wendy's chili is 31. I actually planned on having a Big Mac for lunch one day last week but on the way I stopped at the grocery store for a chicken leg and some fruit instead. Is it possible to have a Big Mac without the fries?

My belt is on its last hole and slowly getting looser, gotta stop loosing weight. Going up a pound or two would be healthy but I am unwilling to see the scale go any direction but down. I never thought I would be in this situation.

The Atkins theory is that you take your time adding a few carbs until you start gaining weight. That will show you your carb limit. You can then gain some weight slowly by having a few more carbs and stop it when you please by lowering it slightly below you limit. This will likely involve eating such things are bread.

Of course, reality and theory are not always the same.

That puts us right in the age old adage, you should eat healthy foods like whole grain bread. I knew that was healthier before I low-carbed and I ate white bread, why would I think I could be any different now.