#7   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 09:08

Plan: Atkins+BFL
Stats: 208/188.5/165 Male 5 ft 9.5 in
BF:27.5%
Progress: 45%
Exclamation It passes quickly

Hi,

I posted the exact same question last week after I got started. The feedback helped, and I found that the carb cravings just sort of magically "went away" after about day 4. They were worst on days 2-3.

Since I'm new also, I don't feel qualified to give advice, but I read somewhere that avoiding sweet subsitutes during this period was a good idea because they can trigger even worse cravings. Also, I think it's in "the book" that you should eat something high-fat when you're craving carbs.

During days 2-3 I can remember spreading cream cheese on pork rinds with trembling hands (from low blood sugar). They did the trick every time. Also, I (still) have a small cup of crystal light drink mix (very watered down) after meals and it seems to satisfy the "have to have something sweet at the end" craving.

But the main point is: it seems that if you can bully through fours days of this, the problem just sort of automagically goes away. For me, I am amazed at how 'addicted' I was - and I use that word in the classical sense - to carbohydrates. Wow.