View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 20:02

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

Don't worry about sounding to preachy, Froggirl. I am right there with you and I certainly do not believe that the MD or ND are god-like figures..if they were they would have diagnosed my problem years ago when it first started and I said something is WRONG, but no they are just humans. I am really learning as much as possible about PCOS and try to read a ton of info. As for the glucophage I am at 2000 a day as a precaution...that is what is so confusing about the addition of the Avandia...I am not a diabetic...at least not yet...it does run in my family as well which is why I have been so persistent in trying to figure out what is wrong with my body...the doctor today stated it is like the body is at war with itself and it is so confused it doesn't know how to make the right choice but, she feels that all of my actions should lead to a better quality of health. She wants to see me often and track my progress with the new food plan as well as the meds...this is why I am hesistant to start the second med before the test results are back. Even though it has only been a couple of weeks I believe ( hope ) that the results will show some changes in my blood levels. My dad has one of those nifty machines to monitor his levels..next time I am there I shall check it out...good idea...thanks for your response today...