#8   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 14:44
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Diana,

My daughter is your age and almost exactly your size and I can tell you that she looks great. She usually wears a size 5 -- I bet that is what you wear.

Have you thought about why you are never satisfied with the way you look? If you have a school counselor or a doctor or a minister or some other adult you can trust, you might want to talk to them about it. I know that there is lots of pressure on girls to be skinny. There was pressure when I was your age and it is at least as bad now -- especially with the clothing styles for juniors right now.

The problem is that if you keep trying to diet and make yourself skinny now, you will probably cause yourself more weight problems as you get older and may also develop eating disorders that could ruin your health. I'm not telling you to get fat again, but you are already at a weight where I know you must look thin and glamorous.

I think that most school counselors and pediatricians understand the pressures teenage girls face with regard to their weight. If you could talk to someone about why you can't be satisfied with the what you weigh now, it might really be helpful to you.