Thread: Aspartame.....
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 21:00

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

When I first tried induction, I was not drinking plain water, well, a little, but not enough. I, too, wasn't keen on plain water. However, I started another induction and resolved to drink at least 64 oz a day.

Once I started drinking it, I got used to it. Now I drink about 100oz a day. I have really noticed a difference in loss of inches, weight, and how I feel.

Atkins explains that it is very important to drink at least 64 ounces of plain water every day in ADDITION to whatever other drinks you may have. The reason is that the kidneys and liver have to process whatever else is in the drink - sweetner, flavoring, etc. and this does not help flush the body like plain water. It is important to help loss and the lack of it can slow your loss down. I'm paraphrasing here and probably not doing a great job of it, but I can tell you there is a very good scientific reason for drinking LOTS of plain water.

Also, Atkins states you should limit your sweetner to 2-3 packs per day. If every drink you have has aspartame in it, that is surely more than that amount.

If you don't like tap water, try a bottled water. My own personal favorite is Dasani by the Coca-Cola Company. It is a filtered water and it has a smooth, fresh taste to it.

Give drinking water a try for at least a week. I know now I actually PREFER plain water and hardly ever drink anything else even if it's available!

JMHO.