View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 19:13
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

If you are eating 10x to 12x your goal weight and you are not feeling hungry and you are losing weight, why would you want to change anything?

I am very suspicious of the 10x to 12x rule, no matter which version it comes in. I have yet to meet anyone on the forum over 250 pounds who is eating 10x to 12x his or her current weight and losing weight. Has anyone else heard of someone eating this much and losing weight?

I also just don't understand how there can be one rule that applies to everyone -- whether it is 10x to 12x your current weight or 10x to 12x your goal weight or any other rule. I am a middle-aged menopausal woman. How could the same rule about calories apply to me and an 18-year-old male? Does that make any sense?

I do what Atkins says to do -- eat when I am hungry, stop eating when I am full, don't be stingy about eating fat, eat at least every six hours, and watch the carbohydrates.

Frankly, I doubt that most of us who are over 200 or 250 pounds are likely to undereat on a regular basis.