#5   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 16:59

Plan: Heller
Stats: 165/160/145
BF:?
Progress: 25%
Default BFL - last 12

Dear Sandy,

I just joined the forum today. Hope you're still hanging in there w. your BFL exercises.

I started BFL almost two years ago (and, my wife soon after) and have been thrilled and super impressed w. my result. It's the first strength program I've ever done where I KNOW I'm actually incresing my strength!

re. the last 12 reps, here are a few tips that greatly helped me.

First, I copied the pages of each of the four exercises he recommends for each muscle group.

For the first many, many months, I did not use Cybex or any other machines, etc. at all; instead, I rotated between those four exercises each time (doing one for the 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 and the second for the other 12).

Just as you said, it was very confusing, etc. I had never used free weights before, and I didn't know one thing from another! So, for months I would read over my sheet for the exercise I was doing (or, for the next one I wanted to do) (as you can see, I'm a slow learner!).

That all helped a lot!

For the past several months I have gotten to where I am using the Cybex for most of my exercises now (with a few exceptions). And, here's a neat thing about when the next machine I need to go to for the final 12 is tied up: because I did use the dumbells and barbells on all four of his recommended exercises, if a machine IS tied up, I make a bee line for the freeweights for that final 12.

Hope this helps.

Keep on keeping on. I think there's some elements of real genius in the design of the BFL program!

Best,

Dave P. from Minnesota