View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/160/120
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile SF Pork Chops

These are real good, I always serve them with sauteed green beans and a mixed greens salad...oh so good!

4 bone in chops an inch thick, or you could use super thick cut loin chops
1-2 tbsp canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
2 tblsp splenda, or equivilant
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch<you can use thick n thin, or xantham gum...which you can find at a health food store)
1 tbsp cold water

Season your chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste, then in a skillet sear your chops on both sides. Get a nice yummy crust on both sides to keep them juicy. Transfer them to your crockpot. Add the garlic to your pan droppings and saute until just turning brown. Stir in your soy sauce, wine or broth, splenda, and the red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until everything is well mixed, and the sauce is becoming aromatic. Pour over the chops, cover and cook on low until the meat is tender, about 5-6 hrs. Combine your thickner and the cold water, stir until smooth. Gradually stir into the broth in the crockpot. Put your chops back in and cover up to cook for about20-30 min longer.

This recipe takes awhile to cook, but it is well worth it! It's real good, and I love the salty sweet combination of soy and splenda! Let me know how you like it!

Rachel