View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 15:56

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
LisaN, stealing, abusing, and most of the stuff you mentioned as effects of drug abuse are illegal on their own. If someone gets stoned and beats his wife, robs a store, kills someone...hold him responsible for his actions

The point that I was making wasn't what to do with these people once they commit a crime, but the fact that crimes are committed as a result of drug use and so drug abuse if far from the victimless activity that Alleine maintains it is.
As far as holding those who commit crimes because of drugs accountable for their actions, personally I'd rather prevent the crime in the first place by making it as difficult as possible for people to get their hands on drugs. I'm sure the victims might agree here. The meth head who murders someone while high most likely wouldn't have had they been sober and in their right mind. I'm sure that you wouldn't want to be a victim of a drug-related crime or see one of your friends or family members become a victim. Which would you rather have; the satisfaction of seeing someone who murdered, robbed or beat a family member "get theirs" or have your family member or friend still around or not suffering from the emotional trauma of being beaten, abused or robbed?