View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Maybe I missed something in that article. I did not get the impression that the government is trying to ban anything or limit options. What I got out of the article is the fact that the U.S.'s health leader wants fast food to give people more healthy options and is willing to use his position to publicize which ones do and which do not.

This is not preventing any restaurant from continuing to serve anything they want or people from buying and eating it. It will provide publicity for healthier eating habits -- something we probably all want. It sounds as though Tommy was eating low carb -- less potatoes, rice and bread -- and we should be glad that he is promoting healthier eating and asking fast food restaurants to provide us with more low carb options. Maybe other people take the time to phone and write companies and managers asking for more low carb products and options, but I confess that I do not take the time to do that and am grateful that someone with more political clout than I have is willing to do it for me.