#1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/135/120 Female 67.00
BF:24%
Progress: 40%
Angry Outraged

I wonder how may people have been treated different since changing their WOE.

A person that I thought was a good friend and neighbor turned on me two weeks ago. We both set weight loss goals back in January. We really did not discussed each others progress. My goal was to lose 50 lbs. and she was going to lose 25 lbs. by July. She is not overweight.

When my progress became pretty obvious (30 lbs.) she started getting resentful, demanding, and downright rude towards me. After I reached around the 30 lbs. mark she stated "I've noticed that you have lost weight and I guess you are trying to show me up". Then she asked me to ride with her to (of all places) Dairy Queen (my favorite place). When we got there she stated that she would treat me to whatever I wanted. I told her thanks and that it was getting late (9:00 p.m.) and that I would pass. She then proceeded to tell me that I was trying to rub it in that I had lost weight and was trying to make her look bad. To make a long story short, there have been many similar situations and I decided that this recent friendship (1 year) would not survive. Sad to say, after her last rude tirade two weeks ago, I have distance myself and have not talk to her.

Today, I had someone ask "when are you going to stop eating that way". My response was that I was eating healthy and was not interested in eating "chemically enhanced processed foods". I think people have a lot of nerve, especially when they smoke and are seriously overweight.

I make it a policy not to discuss my weight or eating habits in order to avoid situations like this. I use this board as a source of discussion.

I think when people see you accomplish a goal and tackle health issues it reminds them of what they are NOT doing.

Well, I am not intimidated, my success is not their failure. My success should be their hope (but that's the mature way of looking at it).

Okay, I have vented and feel better.
Sponsored Links