View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:23

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

Hi there Uniquesoul,

Depression? Been there. Nothing increases the appetite, and decreases the drive to be healthy like depression. (Years ago, and then more recently, I feel like I've been in the same place for different reasons) Physical health problems and pain are no help either, that's for sure.

Sounds like too much for one person to deal with on her own. You should definitely see about finding a therapist/psych. who can prescribe meds. Therapy is fantastic, but is not always enough. You should talk to a doctor and get some advice. Welbutrin works well for a lot of people I know, with the benefit of decreasing the appetite. My MIL is a psych nurse with a Master's in psychology and she was explaining to me the value of drugs with depression. Basically, your synapses can't reset themselves to work better on their own, create enough serontonin, and move that serontonin around to the right places. Psychotropic drugs can correct these things, leaving you free to improve the 'facts' of your life. Eventually, you won't need them at all. Sometimes, we need medicine to break these cycles. I wish you the very best. Remember, you deserve to feel good.