Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/232/190
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default LOL!

*sigh*

For starters, I don't like the word "diet."

For one thing its not a diet, its a way of life.

For those of you not familiar with the Atkins Diet, you basically are supposed to omit most if not all carbohydrates from your diet.

Yeah right. I wish these nitwits would get their facts straight.

Some people don't even realize that vegetables and fruits are carbohydrates. How can we possibly be asked to omit this very important food group from our diet? It isn't realistic or even possible.

Oh yes we do!
This food group was introduced only 10,000 years ago; before that we were largely carnivores.
I have found it quite easy to eliminate the useless carbohydrates and keep the good ones.

The key word here is temporary. I have also noticed that people on this type of carbohydrate-restricted diet become irritable.

The only time I get irritable is when I read the musings of silly, misinformed, arrogant, know it alls.

They tend to need more sleep than they used to, find it impossible to exercise, etc. because they lack the energy. The reason is they aren't eating any carbohydrates.

I lift weights 4 to 5 times per week and am stronger than I have ever been in my life. Furthermore, because my snoring stopped as soon as I adopted the Aktins lifestyle, my sleeping has much improved.

If you are on a high protein "diet," you are eating way more than that.

I am? If so, not by much.