View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-01, 01:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Sean! How sad to be away from your pup for long periods of time.

This is a tough one...

What I would do is get three coolers. One filled with ice packs and two for food. I would keep a stock of frozen, thaw and eat protein in my freezer at home - cooked sausages, beef patties, cooked chicken, steak etc. When I had to leave, I would pack the meat in a cooler with the frozen protein and a few ice packs.

In the other cooler I would keep vegetables - things like cucumbers, celery, radishes, some cleaned lettuce to eat initially, cauliflower etc. - and cheese, especially Parmesan which keeps quite well, and a bottle of salad dressing, in the second one with ice packs. These could be picked up while driving out of town.

Keep on replacing thawed ice packs with the frozen ones. I'm not sure, but I think most gas stations carry ice packs too, or at least ice. The protein would keep well because it's frozen.

This way, you could kind of supplement road food here and there with something a bit better.

I can't think of anything for the water, but if you're in certain parts of Alberta, there are very few bushes to pee behind!

So, think it would work?

Karen