Old Mon, May-12-03, 01:10
Italian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Exclamation HEIL!

Quote:
Okay...along those lines of thinking, we should make all drugs legal, remove taxes on cigarettes and alcohol and declare helmet, seat belt, and infant car seat laws unconstitutional. While we're at it, let's get rid of speed limits and remove the minimum age for sales of alcohol and cigarettes to minors.

Actually, except for things pertaining to minors, I beleive that everyone should make decisions for themselves.

- I beleive that drugs should be legalized. People who don't do them now are not going to start because they are legal. Legalizing drugs would allow them to be taxed as well as regulated. It would eliminate a violent black market and the funds from taxes could be re-siphoned into medical services necessary for for the drug addicts. This is money spent out of your pocket now. Drug abuse is a non-violent crime that is victimless except for the person abusing, who would be doing so anyway. Jails would be less crowded and thus less public spending - less of your money.

- I have the same opinion about prostitution as above. Legalize, tax it, regulate it, require mandatory health exams and eliminate the criminal/violent aspect.

- I beleive helmet laws are ridiculous. If someone wants to take the chance and not wear a helmet, so be it. Who are you to stop them? Who are they hurting except themselves.

Basically, what I am getting at is I am a firm believer in survival of the fittest. Those who are not smart enough to preserve their own life, will be thus elimated from the gene pool. This eventually makes our species stronger and more intelligent. Our own laws are making us a weaker species.