View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-01, 17:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/252/200
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for your responses. I would be especially interested in talking with you further, tamarian, if you have a similar sort of on-the-road life, it might be really nice to pick your brain.

Hopefully some of my knowledge will be useful to people here. The main things I have that might help though, are to track not just weight loss but measurements..I just looked at that old spreadsheet for the first time in months...Seeing the 7" improvement on my waist, and the 5" improvement on my chest, I remember how those numbers took on way more significance to me than the poundage did at the time. Also, little memories, like being so much thinner that my gf at the time was looking for me in a store, and didn't even >recognize< me from behind...that stands out as one of the most positive memories of my life, when I knew I was making real progress. I can certainly assure people that the very few sacrifices required for a low-carb WOE are certainly worth it. My primary sacrifice was and will be again, milk. Pasta's hard, but I got over it. I never stopped missing milk though. I just need to learn to take the whole thing on the road.