#6   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 14:52
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Default Hmmmm

On a sad note, alot of kids are basically raising themselves due to lack of parental involvement. I can say this because I was a neglegant parent. In what way you ask? Well I used to give an extra $1 so my kids could pick up a snack at the local Rite Aid after school, while I was at work. So they bought cheap candy or snacks, high in carbs. I wouldn't see it unless I found a wrapper. One day I came home early and found them with a box of donuts, two bags of twizzlers, and a can of Pringles. All had "discontinued" on them.
Then it hit me. I sat down and explained how bad these foods were for them. The next week I bought fruit, carrots, celery, cheap pieces of meat (My daughter likes cooking on the George Forman) and cheese for snacks (Cost: $10 same as giving them a $1 a day) I had to keep the fruit in my room and leave some out but by not giving them the money, less candy was eaten.
The reason for this story is this, for the uneducated or young, temptation by fast food or convient stores constantly bombard their choices. I think they do have some responsiblity after all you don't see smoking ads (or should I say, shouldn't see) that might impress teens. How do we help the teens and kids whos parents don't intercept the junk food? Should we help? That's the thoughts I'm thinking...