View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL/BFL exercise
Stats: 142/137/130
BF:
Progress: 42%

Most of our grocery stores have prepackaged salads that are washed and ready to eat. Don't forget to pack a salad sized bowl, fork, spoon, and knife. Some grocery stores sell whole chickens already cooked ($4 - $6). Don't forget to pick up some of the delicious LeCarb ice cream in the freezer section. If you are going to be hiking, you might be able to squeeze in some extra carbs. My favorite is Wasa Soya crisbread (found on the cracker aisle) with some no sugar/no sodium added peanut butter (just look at all the peanut butter jar labels). I've had this for breakfast. Strawberries are in season now and are delicious. To get some local flavor in your diet, try some of the SW salsas. For example, you can get red or green chili salsa on top of a grilled chicken breast. Try some of the local fish like trout almondine, and try pinon (pine) nuts on meat, fish, and veggies. I don't think the SW is famous for it's desserts, but a lot of the places you are going to have Low Carb dessert shops. You can get into the local flavor by tasting some local wines. Don't forget that Swiss Army knife with a corkscrew. Wendy's and McDonalds sell big salads for approximately $4. McDonalds sells breakfasts pretty cheap. You could get an Egg McMuffin for about $2 and not eat the bread. You can buy SF jello already made into little cups at the grocery store. That might satisfy your sweet tooth. Have a wonderful trip. Don't forget the sunblock! I bet you meet some fantastic people and see some awesome sights. Dallasalis