#1   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 09:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/242/190
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Aspartame.....

Hi all!

I have been on induction for about a week. For the first few days I lost roughly a pound a day (I know it is "suggested" not to weigh every day), but for the past 4 days I have been gaining a pound or a half every day.

Other than weighing every day, as far as I can tell I have been following the plan to the letter except for drinking softdrinks with Aspartame in them. I know Atkins says not to drink them, but I am not clear on why.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Does Aspartame somehow prevent Atkins from working? I remember in his book he suggested an alternative sweetener (don't remember what it was) but as far as I have seen, the only soft drinks reasonably available (I really don't want to carry a six pack with me) contain Aspartame.

I guess my question is, how likely is it that the Aspartame is a problem to weight loss? I know I am not very far into this, and I shouldn't track weight everyday, but so far the results are not impressive and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. The Aspartame is the only thing I can come up with.

How likely is it that this is the problem?
Sponsored Links