View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-01, 07:16

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for your response Bonnie. Gonna try that out just for us too, although I will send the recipe to our friends.

Thank you too Karen for your words of wisdom. I am hoping that our friends eventually go low carb period, because the combination just doesn't work! At least it's a start. They really enjoy their Pepsi and the diet Pepsi just isn't an option be cause of the aspartame.

I have emailed them a sample menu list for low carb. Problem is, the hubby has problems with some veggies, (good thing it's corn) and really enjoys his meat and potatoes. He doesn't want to give up his Revel a day either. So far, haven't found a substitue for that.

That's the thing with this diet. Our veggie repetoire has expanded considerably. There is so much more to life than potatoes! Some of the stuff we love, he won't even touch. I forgot to mention he hates mushrooms. Can't remember if he is allergic or just dislikes the taste. We did portabello mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. He didn't mind the stir fried asparagus with ginger and garlic! Wait till he tries jicama french fries. Just a taste!

I am going to try to find all the best salad, veggie things I can and run them by his wife. She should be able to modify them for their tastes.

One word of advice to her was at the same time she makes his lunch, also make her own. She works in the home, so when she is hungry, she just grabs cheesies or something. This way, she should be able to enjoy a healthy lunch as well.

Don't worry, I will keep trying to steer them towards the low carb way and ditch the low cal. Already got her trained to check out the bottled salad dressings!

The important thing is that they have both decided to do something. I consider this the first step! Hopefully we will have two more low carb converts! PS. Told her to check out Your recipe section Karen!