Old Sat, May-10-03, 15:21
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally posted by josiekat
So my question to you all is what little things (really they are big things!) keep you going when you all feel like giving up?

I've been doing this for 10 months and I have never considered giving up. I have never even gone off plan for the day. I have occasionally eaten more than I planned to eat, and I haved ocasionally allowed myself a special high-carb treat (a small piece of cake on my birthday, a piece of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving), but these treats have been limited and part of what makes this a way of eating and not a diet.

Realizing that it was carbs that made me get so fat has made me treat this like any other medical condition. I have a bad reaction to carbs, therefore I know I can't eat them, just like someone who breaks out in hives from shellfish knows that he cannot eat that. I almost view it as an allergy to carbs and I have no inclination to get near something I am allergic to.

Of course, I am motivated by my improved health and feelings of well-being, but I view that as all part of over-coming my medical condition.