View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 00:22

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%
Sadly, I think I've truly reached the end of my time with Low Carbery.

I've been monitoring my blood pressure since starting in mid-January, and I've seen it slowly creep up. For the first time in my life I have blood pressure numbers in the "high" range...and that scares the crap out of me. Even at my heaviest (in the mid-260's) it never got above 126/82. Last week I hit a high of 146/90 and tonight I was at 146/85.

I've seen some weight loss, but I've never really felt *good* while low carbing--low energy, mood swings, horrible PMS--and now the higher blood pressure has me concerned enough to back off. I'll be making an appointment with my doctor next week and have another round of blood tests to see where my lipid profile stands.

I know that this way of eating has done so many great things for so many people, and I don't dispute those results at all. It just appears that I may be one of those people for whom this may not be a healthy plan.

I'll probably still keep coming to the boards, as I've recently gotten sucked back in with frequent visits. But, for the most part, I think you can stick a fork in me. *sigh*