View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-01, 10:33
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Wink {{{big hugs}}} being sent cyber-express!

Anne, I hear ya on the frustration and discouragement. Sometimes it can be more than a little depressing to know you're doing everything right ... and the miraculous results everyone else seems to be reporting ... remain as elusive as that Whoosh fairy can be!

My own weight loss has been very slow, and anything but steady ... I lost the first 20 lbs over 3 months, then took me 2 months to lose the next 10, and 2 more months to lose 5 more bs. Then, for 6 weeks in December/January I took a medication that packed 12 lbs back on me ... and for the next 5 months, I struggled .... yo-yo, plateau, gain, lose, gain it back again ... Yet I never once thought of abandoning lowcarb, because I KNEW that I'd end up back at 210 lbs .... probably more! ... if I went back to my old way of eating. Plus, my tastebuds have changed too ... a lot of foods I used to love no longer hold any appeal .... I simply adore meat and vegetables.

Since June this year it seems the scales are "co-operating" again, and the number is slowly, slowly moving downward, but even so there's been no whoosh ... I lose a lb, then plateau for a long time before I lose a little more. And that's ok. I have lost some inches ... I'm able to do more walking and exercise these days ... and almost down to the weight I was at in December, before the medication, which will have me half-way to my goal.

Someone once said to me, "You CAN have it all, you just can't have it all NOW."

And so maybe that's what we need to say to ourselves here ... the weight loss WILL happen, it just isn't all going to happen NOW. Perhaps the peace of mind that follows ... will be all the stimulus needed for that Whoosh Fairy to visit ..

love and hugs from Doreen