View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:35

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%
Default Been there

Your story touched a nerve. For a long time I considered my weight and size to be barometers of my worth. As I grew larger, I saw a monster in the mirror. People would tell me that I was good looking or sexy and I thought they were nuts or must be "chubby chasers".

I was in therapy and discussed this with my therapist and she gave me an assignment. She told me to look out the window while I was on the bus on the way to work, and count the people who I felt looked great. I did this and to my surprise, I didn't see any stars or any scars...just people.

That said, I feel like I'm long and lean. I lie in bed at night and rub my stomach and notice the rolls and bumps that are gone. I rub my thighs and notice that the "mugwumps" (those fat deposits at the top of the inner thigh) are really melting away, and I hold up my arm and there's not so much jiggling.

Am I a different person. Am I prettier...sexier. Probably not. But now I see a healthy, active, positive person who will never be as fat as she was yesterday and will one day reach her ultimate goal.