View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 12:28
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default This could be a really good thing...

You know how 'normal' sized people often talk about how they feel fat even when they're not? It's like a part of their self image is damaged. They can look in a mirror at 120 lbs. and see someone twice as heavy. No matter how they appear, they will always feel fat.

I think that when we notice that we're not carrying around quite as much weight, we feel good in our bodies. Our self image registers positive changes and we might feel relatively 'thin'. But when we see ourselves in the mirror or photographs, we are confronted with the visual reality that we are still fat.

In my way of thinking - this is good. Our psyche is healthy enough to take in input from a variety of sources: How we feel vs. how we appear. And while I'd like to appear AND feel more slender, I think it's way better to feel the changes of weight loss. How I look is not nearly as important as how I feel, you know?

Plus - so many people are unattractive because they feel ugly. Have you ever noticed that when you present yourself as good looking, somehow you are? It's better to feel good than it is to look good, because feeling better leads to looking better.

Crazy logic, but I think it works.

XOXO Monika