#9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-01, 17:20
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
......I bought Corrine Netzer's Carbohydrate Counter, not the complete one you mentioned. And it seems awfully vague!.......Is her other book better? Maybe I'll get that one instead!
Wendy, do that..... it's excellent and complete. I'm sorry I've never really looked at the carb counter book, but I can tell you that the Complete Book is just that, complete. It has over 10,000 food listings, including brand names and fast foods. The Complete book also has counts for calories, fat, protein, fiber, and other factors as well. The 5th edition, published in 2000 is $7.50 US / $9.99 Cdn. I t really is the most comprehensive listing available in paperback format. The USDA web-site I suggested is also very comprehensive, and you might find it useful because it allows you to specify quantity by weight as well as by volume, ie. ounces and cups.
Quote:
I'm following the Atkins Induction list, and if a food isn't on there, I'm not eating it.
BINGO!! Right on! You will have maximum success if you follow the program EXACTLY as outlined in the book. Decades of success can't do you wrong.
Quote:
I believe in me!
I believe in you too .. .. You're going to do great! I can't wait to read your posts of your success. In fact, why not start up a journal in our Journal/Bootcamp forum??? Some of us are finding it really helpful, and you'll get lots of encouragement and support.

All the best,

Doreen