#7   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 17:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/218.5/185
BF:
Progress: 33%

Thank you all again for the insights.

I'm in my 10th week on Atkins, and consider my stage a slow transition from induction to OWL. I range between 20 and 33 grams/carbs/day.

But, the past several hasn't produced any weight loss -- in fact, I've gained 1 lb in the past week.

I was eating 1 to 2 cups of whipped cream (measured pre-whipping), but cut that out to try to jump start the loss again.

Sounds like the alcohol is not nearly as bad as other forms of carbs, but that it's not easily knowable exactly what the effect of 9 or so grams of alcohol carbs/day is.

That, combined with my general skepticism of homeopathy, is enough to eliminate them from my diet -- and focus instead on weight loss and good exercise as a means of achieving health.

If, however, boiling the alcohol out of the remedies would eliminate the carbs, I would continue -- it's only hope, time and money I've got to lose....

I'm sure we'd all like to see good studies and definitive answers on stalls. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the subject? Do you simply ascribe them to the changing/adapting metabolism and leave them as unpredictable and uncontrollable?