View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 16:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/196/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default eating out

I have learned to speak up at restaurants to get exactly what I want. Cracker barrel is a good one for breakfast. I get a ham and cheese omlette made without milk and a side of bacon. The omlette is not on the menu, but I have never had a problem. For lunch I love Red Lobster. I usually get the caesar salad sans croutons, shrimp scampi and baked fish. and steamed veg instead of rice or potato. We have a Hunter Steakhouse that we like for supper. I usually get the caesar salad, prime rib or grilled fish, and steamed broccoli . No spuds or rice. I always ask for more butter to put on my veg. The way I look at it is, I am hiring them to prepare my meal and it should be as I want it, or they are fired! Actually I havent had any problems getting what I want. I did eat at a restaurant that did not have salad dressing that I could eat. I asked for oil and vinegar......but the didnt have any......hard to believe in a commercial kitchen. I asked if they had mayo and they did and brought me a little cup of it. So again, I prevailed.

Don't be afraid to expect food that you can eat. All you have to do is order it the way you want.

good luck,

Nanci