View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 15:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/120/115
BF:
Progress: 86%
Thumbs up REactive Hypoglycemia

My husband is Reactive Hypo. Most of his life he would fall asleep after eating carbs, any type. I met him 16 yrs ago, and was amazed that he was still alive after crashing so many cars because he fell asleep at the wheel on the 40mi drive home everyday. He kept chocolates at his desk and snacked on them in the afternoon. Just this Feb 2003, It dawned on me what his problem was, RH! He would eat breakfast, ie: bagel, grapefruit, cereal, and milk, and have to take a 1 or 2 hr nap! Same with pasta or any high carb foods, he would feel sleepy, grouchy etc. So, we started the Atkins diet, followed it to the letter! He feels great, no more confusion, no more need to nap all day, and his mood is much better, he's not nearly as cranky as he used to be. Also, his attention span is a lot longer these days, as he used to zone out a lot of the time. I have lost 30 lbs on Atkins/Low carb and we are low carb for life. Its a great way to eat and live. There are tons of low carb products out there. We mostly shop on line at netrition.com. Talk to your doctor about going with the Atkins diet and see what he says. Good Luck