View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 11:06

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 197/150/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default A Tough Story To Handle

This was not my intention when I came to this forum. I came here looking for help with my mom's Fibro (and found it). I have been a successful low carber for 2 years now and have all but met my goals.

I feel compelled to tell my story to you though as I happened to run across this eating disorder thread.

I was bulimic for over 12 years. I would binge and purge as much as 10 times a day at times. It all stemmed from a weight issue, being cut from the cheerleading squad cause I couldn't keep up (due to weight) losing a husband (thank god) who left me cause I was fat.

My birthday 3 years ago I remember it well. Puking in the bathroom (I was so good at it that I was totally silent in the loo) no one knew there was a "Normally in control" redhead in there blowing chunks. I hated myself because I was SO in control of everything else in my life and I knew that I would kill myself if I didn't stop. So what happened that made me stop?

That day (Happy Birthday to me) I threw up blood for the first time. Not a great deal of blood , but enough to make you FREAK!. Memories of a friend that I had lost due to bulimia 3 years prior came flooding back. She had been throwing up blood for a short time just before she died.

I slapped my face at that point and instantly stopped binging and purging...and what happened? You guessed it, over the next 8 months, I gained so much weight that I couldn't stand myself. I am a DJ by profession so I must look good, and be in shape to do my job effectively.

Someone heard my cries on a chat board and came to my rescue. She introduced me to low carb and informed me that as my body (and stomach) healed due to the added protein of low carb, that the weight would as well disapear, and that my long lost good health may return.

She was 100% right! I have never looked back, never had a relapse either. No more poor health....no more stomach issues, (unless I screw up and cheat) and no more blood, headaches, feelings of being out of control! The weight DID come off for the first time in my life in the HEALTHIEST way. I have never felt healthier and more in control than I do now.

Ladies (guys too) do yourself a favor, stick to the low carb RELIGIOUSLY. It will heal you emotionally and physically. You will actually be able to tell when the feeling I call "brain fog" leaves you. Your mental clarity will astound you. No joke! Don't cheat! Once you have gotten through Low Carb induction (2 weeks) you may have an occasional legal (allowed) treat. There are thousands of recipe sites out there, go do a search for low carb recipes!

Just do yourself a favor and don't try any recipes unless the recipe lists a carb count. I was at 20 grams of carb a day during induction. Now I am at 20 to 30 a day and am almost done with the weight loss.

You can do this...you will be thin, you WILL be able to eat as much as you want until you are satisfied...and you WILL be healed!

Be strong, have faith...saving my life was the easiest thing I have ever had to do!

I hope this post has hit home with some of you. You will likely die if you don't get this eating disorder under control. Sorry...but its the truth!