#4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-01, 08:58
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Robin,

I have no experitse in the beverage department, but I do have a bit in the LC area.

LC'ers lead by example. When friends see our results, they want to be let in on the secret!

Please encourage your friends to read Protein Power or Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. This WOE is not something you can just make up. It is really important to understand how it works. You are either low carb or not low carb. Your friends may also feel so restricted and bored that they will be quite ready to give it up.

Low carb/low cal can be brutal. You need a certain amount of calories a day, 10-12 times your current body weight for weight loss, especially in the initial stages of this WOE. Low cal will not make a low carb diet work any better. It is sometimes important to watch calories, but that is further down the LC road.

A lifetime of boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salad that has no oil on it is not my idea of a good time. That is starvation in both mind and body.

Now, a whole roasted chicken with creamy, cheesy cauliflower, broccoli with butter and lemon and a big salad with a few tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers is a real good time. Satisfaction guaranteed!

BTW, it took 2 years for me banish Coca-cola from my life. It can be done!

Karen