View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 21:57

Plan: Schwartzbein Principle
Stats: 225/185/165
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi-- Here are my cheats (after I got out of carbohydrate hell and I was through the worst of the sugar cravings)

If I crave sugar, I eat a grapefruit or some dark chocolate (the good expensive stuff). Sometimes both if I had a bad day.

Lattes! -- I drink formaldehyde-ridden decaf lattes and have cut back from 1 a day (Starbucks in my office building is a bad thing) to 1 or 2 a week. Still trying to cut back on these more.

Sometimes will do what Suni said and split a dessert with my hubbie and can really see how far I've come because we used to each waay overeat sugar and to feel in control enough to split a dessert is so cool.

Love Zone bars (chocolate graham) with peanut butter on it. It has protein but has corn syrup and other nasty things-- but is so yummy if I need to cheat.

Mostly try to use fruit to stay away from sugar and if I overeat fruit, I try to eat cottage cheese to offset... or not worry about it because that is so much healthier than what I used to eat and you'll get where you are going if you want it bad enough.

Good topic!