View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 171/154/150 Female 5'9"
BF:??/18.8/??
Progress: 81%

Reading this thread, I'm starting to think that I cheat in too many ways to even count -- other posts served as a reminder of all the stuff I'm doing wrong.

These are the things that I don't consider cheating, but technically are:

-use canned chicken to make chicken salad instead of poaching my own

-I don't buy anything organic -- as others have said, it's too expensive (organic eggs here are $3.99/dozen compared to $0.89 for non-organic, for example)

-can't find bacon without nitrates

-had bought a big jug of corn oil just before starting SP'ing, so am using that up -- I will buy canola oil next time

-salted nuts

-aged cheeses

-regular, commercial mayo (again, the cold pressed stuff at the health food store is way too expensive)

-not using meat the day I buy it

-not eating at least 3 servings per week of fish

-not limiting my red meat consumption to 3 servings per week

-cream with additives

These are things that I do that I know are cheating and hope to get better about:

-using artificial sweetner -- Splenda in my oatmeal and yogurt, the occasional Diet Rite, Sugar Free chocolate -- I am trying to get used to Stevia

-Michelob Ultra low carb beer (just a couple on the weekends)

-fast food -- once every few weeks, I grab a salad at McDonalds or Subway

-commercial salad dressing when we go out to dinner

But then again, I keep telling my husband that I need to find a way to make this WOE livable for me and maybe these last few things are what I need to stay sane.

And now I feel so bad that I am going to list what I am doing right:

-eating a protein at every meal or snack

-staying within my carb limits

-other than the things listed above, eliminating processed foods -- only eating whole grain breads, for example

-limiting fruit

-limiting "man made" carbs

-eliminating sugar

-no caffeine (of course, since I gave this up several years ago, this isn't much of a sacrifice for me)

-eating lots of vegetables, including with breakfast, even though I, like Rosa, don't want vegetables then