View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 06:05

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

The one experience that I have had with someone who had her stomach stapled was that she did have complications but is glad the weight is coming off. I really believe that when a person starts getting up into a super high weight for their body (this woman could barely get around and was constantly having someone else do EVERYTHING for her) and stays there for decades, that this might be the only sorry option.

I firmly believe that there is something going on either physiologically or psychologically that allows someone to gain so much weight. This woman was very sweet, outgoing, but just could not, for whatever reason, stop eating. At some point, what do you do? She is too large to hold her new grandbaby. Insurance won't pay for long-term psycho therapy to address what underlying problems may exist. I also wonder how these same folks magically change to where they can and do only eat an ounce at a time - this just doesn't make sense. The woman I knew seemed to eat much more than that. Seems to me that folks unable to stop eating so much could really damage themselves with binges.

I think that any of us who have felt the hurt of being rejected by society due to being overweight can sympathize with anyone who would take such drastic measures. I think it's very sad but I would never call serious and permanent mutilation of one's body a "cop out." No disprect Yvonne .

Have a great day you thoughtful sweeties.
Jinx