View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 14:24
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I could write a book about this subject, I swear.

I have always struggled with my weight, but I never was "obese" (I have that word) until in my mid 20s.

When I weighed 187 in college and was on the Blackburn diet to lose some weight, my dad (who was always verbally abusive when he was drinking), was teasing me about my weight, and said I was going to "fat school." That hurt to the core. I was able to get down to 142 on that diet and felt better than ever. Anyway, I've managed to double my weight since.

I've been moo'd at, had weird looks at the gym, had cruel things yelled at me from teenagers/men, and lil kids saying "Mommy, that's a big lady." You can't blame the little kids. They are so honest and innocent; however, grown people know better.

To me, the people that do this do not feel secure or good about themselves, so they have to put others down to make themselves feel better. You can cure fat, but ya can't cure a mean heart or "ugly."

Every person who is overweight, is that way for a reason. Strangers do not know me, they do not know what I have been through, and if they want to be ignorant and judge me, so be it.

I am doing something to improve myself, and make myself healthier and more attractive to ME. Luckily I have a boyfriend who loves me the way I am now, and he will reap the benefits of the thin me as much as I will. As for the people who can't accept me as I am now.. they can go you know where, and I don't want anything to do with them ever.